Snow Kite Clinic
Come and join our snow kite clinic
Explore the amazing Snowy Mountains Backcountry with an experienced guide, while learning to fly. Come and discover something different.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Small Group
We will cover:
- Wind and Weather
- Kites and Gear
- Safety and self-rescue
- Wind window and power
- Ways to depower or increase power.
We meet at 8 am at Valley Terminal in Thredbo from there we head up into the backcountry from the top of the chairlift. (backcountry passes are cheaper than a day pass and are available from the ticket office)
In the morning we will introduce you to your touring equipment, call into ski patrol and head out of the resort. Once out in the wilderness, we will touch on a little snow science and safety awareness before we tour out to the perfect kite spot.
When we get out to our kite spot we will go through the steps of flying the kites. this does not take long to master and soon you will be strapping in to explore the snowy arena with one of our training kites.
- Expert Guiding and instruction
- Introduction to Back Country touring
- Snacks & Apres after the day
- Training Kites
- Barrels of Laughs and great times
- Lunch or Snacks while out in the backcountry
- Water, extra layers, sunscreen etc
- Touring skis with Skins, or snowshoes (contact us if you do not have these and we can help arrange)